This scholarship was established by members of the UMass Club in downtown Boston in 2011 to provide special recognition to UMass juniors who demonstrate academic excellence.
- Currently enrolled full-time at UMass Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth or Lowell
- Be a junior in good standing
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25, with a minimum of 30 credits earned at UMass
There is no formal application form. However, students must submit the following as PDF attachments to an email to email@example.com before September 28, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All emailed material must include the student’s name and SPIRE ID number.
- Letter of recommendation
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- 3 essays (up to 500 words each) that address the following:
- Why have you chosen your current course of study at UMass?
- Describe your most significant achievements at UMass.
- Indicate how this award will help you fulfill your academic goals.
Recipients from the past year may apply for renewal into a second year, but renewal is not guaranteed.