This scholarship was established by UMass alumni who work at Putnam Investments.
- Be currently enrolled full time at one of the sponsoring UMass campuses: Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, or Lowell
- Be a matriculated undergraduate student
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
Students must submit via email the completed and signed Putnam UMass Scholarship Application Form and the following supporting materials as PDF attachments to ONSA@honors.umass.edu before March 1, 2018:
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement — NOTE: The statement is your opportunity to introduce yourself to the scholarship committee and should include (1) what you think has been your significant experiences beyond what may be reflected in your academic transcripts (e.g., personal characteristics; leadership experience you have had in any area of your life such as school, work, athletics, family, volunteering, community; obstacles you may have overcome; or other relevant information. And (2) your personal and career goals. Statement should be maximum of 500 words. Please complete essay on a separate page and submit with application materials. Include your name and student ID at top of essay page.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. All emailed material must include the student’s name and SPIRE ID number.
The number of Putnam UMass Scholarships vary each year. This scholarship is renewable only if you apply again.