This scholarship provides special recognition to UMass undergraduate students who demonstrate academic excellence and a passion for public service. During President Wilson’s 2003-2011 tenure as leader of UMass, he was a strong advocate for research and innovation, understanding that robust research universities are critical to the state’s knowledge-based economy. Under his leadership, UMass took major steps forward in all key areas including enrollment, research funding, and endowment growth.
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate at one of the UMass campuses or be currently studying online and enrolled for at least six (6) credits in an academic program through UMassOnline
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25, with a minimum of fifteen (15) credits earned at UMass.
- Preference for business, engineering and physics majors; preference for students of any major studying abroad
- Past year’s winners may apply for renewal into a second year
Deadline for all applications is September 28, 2018.
ALL PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS MUST BE APPLIED FOR ONLINE VIA UMass ACADEMIC WORKS
When on the Academic Works web portal, please follow application instructions carefully.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Your application will prompt you for the following:
- Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- An essay about your public service (up to 750 words)
The scholarship is awarded to up to six students each year. Recipients from the past year may apply for renewal into a second year, but renewal is not guaranteed.